The Salient features of the Institute & Course is as follows:-
- Narottam Morarjee Institute of Shipping was setup under the joint auspices of the Government of India and the Indian Shipping Industry on the recommendation of National Shipping Board.
- The Government of India have given recognition to a pass in the Fellowship/Diploma in Shipping awarded by the “Narottam Morarjee Institute of shipping, Mumbai, as desirable qualiﬁcation for initial recruitment to middle level or subordinate posts and services under the Central Government in the appropriate ﬁeld.
- Any persons holding Fellowship/Diploma in Shipping from this Institute and having experience of 7 years service in Commercial Shipping after acquiring the qualiﬁcation will be considered eligible for promotion/selection to superior posts in the appropriate ﬁeld within the Central government post.Any Graduates can apply for Post Graduate Diploma in Shipping Management. Any 12th pass Candidate working in Shipping or related Profession (with 3 years experience) can apply for Fellowship / Associateship
- Vide letter No.F.18-1/83-T.12 dated 16th April, 1983 from Shri R.S. Maheshwari, Education Ofﬁcer (T), Bureau of Technical Education, Department of Education, Ministry of Education and Culture, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Ofﬁce Memorandum No.F.18-65/75-T. T/T.12 dated New Delhi, the 5th May, 1983 from Deputy Educational Adviser, Department of Education, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Education & Culture, Government of India, New Delhi.
- No Regular Classes so Work and Study together; attend classes (100 hrs) on evenings/weekends
- Oceanic Venture is the only study centre of Narottam Morarjee Institute of Shipping in South India, Best Faculties from the Industry
- FELLOWSHIP of NMIS – get exemption of upto 4 subjects out of a total of 7 subjects for Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers – UK (MICS)