Narottam Morarjee Institute of Shipping (FAQ's)
- Post Graduate Diploma In Shipping Management – For Graduates In Any Discipline. Min Age : 20 Yrs.
- Associateship & Fellowship : For Under Graduates ( 10 +2 Min ) ; Also requires 3 years of experience in Shipping or related industry.
The Salient features of the Institute & Course is as follows:-
- Narottam Morarjee Institute of Shipping was setup under the joint auspices of the Government of India and the Indian Shipping Industry on the recommendation of National Shipping Board.
- The Government of India have given recognition to a pass in the Fellowship/Diploma in Shipping awarded by the “Narottam Morarjee Institute of shipping, Mumbai, as desirable qualiﬁcation for initial recruitment to middle level or subordinate posts and services under the Central Government in the appropriate ﬁeld.
- Any persons holding Fellowship/Diploma in Shipping from this Institute and having experience of 7 years service in Commercial Shipping after acquiring the qualiﬁcation will be considered eligible for promotion/selection to superior posts in the appropriate ﬁeld within the Central government post.Any Graduates can apply for Post Graduate Diploma in Shipping Management. Any 12th pass Candidate working in Shipping or related Profession (with 3 years experience) can apply for Fellowship / Associateship
- Vide letter No.F.18-1/83-T.12 dated 16th April, 1983 from Shri R.S. Maheshwari, Education Ofﬁcer (T), Bureau of Technical Education, Department of Education, Ministry of Education and Culture, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Ofﬁce Memorandum No.F.18-65/75-T. T/T.12 dated New Delhi, the 5th May, 1983 from Deputy Educational Adviser, Department of Education, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Education & Culture, Government of India, New Delhi.
- No Regular Classes so Work and Study together; attend classes (100 hrs) on evenings/weekends
- Oceanic Venture is the only study centre of Narottam Morarjee Institute of Shipping in South India, Best Faculties from the Industry
FELLOWSHIP of NMIS – get exemption of upto 4 subjects out of a total of 7 subjects for Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers – UK (MICS)
– What are the class timings for Post Graduate Diploma In Shipping Management / Associateship & Fellowship :
There is no regular class option for these courses. The classes are weekend / evening classes spread over a total of 100 hours. Distance learning options are available.
All our faculties are from the Shipping & Logistics / related industries. They are having a wealth of experience and expertise combined to be able to impart a detailed learning experience.
– What are the course contents of Post Graduate Diploma In Shipping Management / Associateship & Fellowship
The Course Covers Practically All Commercial Aspects And Management Of Shipping Business Such As Shipping Practice, Chartering, Shipbroking, Multi-Modal Transport And Documentation, Containersation, Shipping Economics, Shipping Finance, Marine Insurance, Commercial And Maritime Law, Maritime Geography, Current Shipping Environment, Foreign Exchange, Etc., Please check on this link for detailed information.
|First Year Admission starts||:||1st April|
|Second Year Admission starts||:||1st June|
|Classes Start||:||Nov & Jan|
|Contact lectures for Correspondence students||:||31st Dec.|
|Last date for submission of Assignments for Correspondence Student||:||31st Jan for March & 30th Sept. for Nov. Exam|
|Last date for submission of Exam. Form with Exam Fee||:||10th Feb for March & 10th Oct. for Nov Exam.|
|Last date for late submission of Examination Forms with Late Fee||:||Oct. for Nov Exam.|
|Examinations||:||March & November|
You can get the application form and prospectus from our office or send us an email request. Completed forms have to be physically handed over.